Play in Fall Tennis Tournament

The result of yesterday's play in the singles was as follows:

Fourth round--N. W. Niles '09 defeated R. B. Dresser 3L. 6-1, 6-3.

Semi-final round--F. J. Sulloway 2L. defeated P. L. Miller 3L. 6-0, 7-5, 6-4.

The match between N. W. Niles and R. B. Dresser was not closely contested. Niles played a faster and steadier game. His play at the net was especially good. F. J. Sulloway had little difficulty in defeating P. L. Miller. His drives were hard and sure, he covered the court well, and his play at the net was good. In the first set Miller was completely outplayed, being unable to win a single game. In the second set, however, he found himself, and for a time the points were sharply contested. Sulloway won by playing a steadier game.

This afternoon at 3 o'clock, N. W. Niles '09 will meet S. W. Howland 2L. in the semi-final round, and the winner of this match will meet F. J. Sulloway 2L. Monday afternoon in the final round for the University championship.

The result of yesterday's matches in the doubles is as follows:

Preliminary round--Burt '08 and Burt '08 defeated Wiswall '07 and Dole '07 6-2, 4-6, 6-4.

First round--Coleman 1L. and Auchincloss 3L. defeated Tyng '08 and Fraser-Campbell '08 8-6, 6-4; Niles '09 and Cutler '09 defeated Miller 3L. and Fox 3L. 3-6, 6-2, 6-4; Roche '09 and Roche '09 defeated Bird 3L. and Hale 3L. 6-4, 6-1; Fairbanks 3L. and Black 3L. defeated Burt '08 and Burt '08 6-4, 7-5; Reynolds '07 and Henshaw '07 defeated von Schrader '06 and von Schrader '09 6-4, 6-3; Ivy 1L. and Wadsworth 2L. defeated Cogswell '06 and Bacon 2L. 6-0, 6-0.

The following matches were stopped by darkness and will be finished this afternoon at 4--Stackpole '07 and Eaton '07 vs. Harrison '07 and Reggio '07; Sulloway 2L. and Cole 2L. vs. Irving '07 and Davis '07.

The following matches are scheduled for this afternoon:

Doubles at 3--Roche '09 and Roche '09 vs. Black 3L. and Fairbanks 3L.

At 4--Niles '09 and Cutler '09 vs. Coleman 1L. and Auchincloss 6L.

As soon as these two championship tournaments are finished, trials will begin for the class tennis teams, which will compete with each other for the class championship.