TEAM LEAVES FOR WEST POINT

At 4 o'clock.--Fast Practice Yesterday.--First Eleven Scored Three Times.

The University football team will leave for West Point this afternoon after a signal practice on Soldiers Field, beginning at 2 o'clock.

A special car will start from the station on Boylston street, at 4 o'clock for the Back Bay station to connect with the 4.44 train for Fall River. Arriving in New York tomorrow morning by the Fall River boat, the men will go at once to the Murray Hill Hotel, from which they will start at 9.45 for West Point. They will arrive at West Point at noon and the game will be called at 3.30.

The following men will be taken: Hurley, Hall, Leary, Shurtleff, Whitman, Blagden, Meier, Carr, Paul, Sperry, Oveson, Osborne, Sortwell, Parker, Squires, Wilder, McFadon, Barney, White, Noyes, Kernan, Mills, Hanley, Nichols, Reynolds, Sibley, Wendell, Nesmith, Filley or Palmer. An important notice for these men will be found in the notice column on page 3.

Among the more prominent players who will not go to West Point are Montgomery, who has a disabled knee, Cunniff, who has an injured wrist, R. Derby, whose shoulder is still in bad condition and Brill, who has a strained leg muscle.

The University eleven in a 25-minute scrimmage yesterday afternoon was able to score only one touchdown. The main fault with the work was the failure of the line men and the backs to play low. There was also considerable fumbling by both the first and second teams. The wing-shift play, with Meier carrying the ball, was used effectively several times.

Captain Hurley, who has been out of the game for ten days, was once more at his old position and did good work, hitting the line for sure gains every time he was given the ball. The work of Parker, at left guard on the first eleven, was noticeably good yesterday.

On a line play Mills made the only touchdown, after the ball had been carried 80 yards with consistent rushes by Hurley, Nichols and Mills. Noyes kicked the goal. Toward the end of the half the second eleven secured the ball on a punt and rushed it for 20 yards.

The line-up: FIRST ELEVEN.  SECOND ELEVEN. Blagden, Winsor, l.e.  r.e., Leary, Clark, Jones, Hall Meier, Carr, l.t.  r.t., Kersberg Parker, McFadon, l.g.  r.g., Pell Barney, White, c.  c., White, Frazer Squires, r.g.  l.g., Peirce, Nye Paul, r.t.  l.t., Williams Shurtleff, r.e.  l.e., Whitman, Spencer Noyes, Kernan, q.b.  q.b., Christensen, Sortwell Nichols, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Dearborn Hurley, Wendell, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Mason, Chapin, Foster Mills, Hanloy, Osborne, f.b.  f.b., Jenkins, Dearborn