Freshman Defeated by Andover

The Freshman football team was defeated by the Andover eleven at Andover on Saturday by the score of 5 to 4. Andover was prevented from making a higher score by frequent penalties and fumbles.

The Freshman defense showed some improvement, but the offense was slow and consequently ineffective. This however, was partly due to the slippery condition of the field. Clark and Foreteller did the best work for Harvard. Several times Forckheimer broke through center and stopped end plays. Simons ran the team well, and Severance got off some good punts. The Andover team was the heavier, and their back-field was especially fast.

After three minutes of play, Clark of Andover missed a goad from the field from the 25-yard line. A few minutes later Daly ran 45 yards around right end for the only touchdown of the game. The goal was missed. In the middle of the second half Kennard kicked a goal from the field for the Freshman from the 18-yard line.

The line up: HARVARD 1909  ANDOVER. Palmer, l.e.  r.e., Lynn Severance, McMichael, l.t.  r.t., Fisher Nourse, Robinson, l.g.,  r.g.Andrews Forckheimer, Dore, c.  c., Bowler, Austin Blanchard, Hoar, r.g.  l.g., Greenough Gilbert, r.t.  l.t., Avery Tappan, Kennard, r.e.  l.e., Pierce Simons, Cate. q.  q., Merritt, Kilpatrick Clark, McLaughlin,  l.h.b. r.h.b., Bartholomew Grosvenor, Kelley,  r.h.b. l.h.b., Daly, Regan Graydon, Cutler, f.b.  f.b. McKay