Freshmen vs. Groton

The Freshman football team will play its first game of the season against Groton School at Groton this afternoon at 3 o'clock.

The Freshman squad is at present in a very disorganized state, and consequently its chances against Groton are not particularly bright. Up to this time the men have had only two line-ups, and the frequent changes necessary in order to try out new men have prevented any attempt at team play or new formations. A large squad will be taken to Groton, and it is likely that substitutes will be tried out in each position. Groton has a strong team, and thus far has had a very successful season, defeating Boston Latin 11 to 6, English High 17 to 0 and Somerville High 12 to 0.

The line-up: HARVARD 1909.  GROTON. Field, l.e.  r.e., Crocker Severance, l.t.  r.t., Harding Nourse, Barton, l.g.  r.g., Marvin Dore, c.  c., Hadden Hoar, r.g.  l.g., Bacon Forcheimer, r.t.  l.t., Foster Nickerson, r.e.  l.e., Gray Cate, q.  q., Rogers Cutting, l.h.  r.h., Thayer Lunt, r.h.  l.h., Frothingham Colton, f.b.  f.b., Waterbury

In practice yesterday afternoon, Squad A lined up against Squad C. Neither side was able to score. Although the men played with spirit, the frequent substitution of players made the work of both sides very ragged. The backs and ends of Squads A and B practiced tackling the dummy and the line were drilled in breaking through.

Next week the men will be divided into first and second squads, the former under the charge of T. G. Meier 2nd '04 and the latter under W. T. Harrison '05.