NEW ROWING SYSTEM

Dormitory Crews to be Formed in Place of Newell and Weld Graded Crews.

It has been decided this autumn to abandon the graded club crew rowing system in favor of dormitory crews. Each dormitory, or, in cases where a single dormitory is not large enough to raise a sufficiently strong crew, each group of dormitories is to be represented by one eight. For those not living in dormitories eights will be picked from communities large enough to insure securing a comparatively good crew. The object of the scheme is to create greater interest in rowing as a sport, particularly among men who are not able to make class or University crews. A sufficient number of crews will be organized to accomodate all who wish to row; it is therefore earnestly hoped that all men interested in rowing, whether or not of previous experience, should come out for these crews.

In order that the rowing may start as early this week as possible meetings, for the purpose of further organizing the scheme, will be held at 7 o'clock this evening in the various dormitories as designated below: Dunster Hall-- O. D. Filley's room; Russell--S. Warren's room; Matthews--J. Richard's room; Weld--R. H. Wiswall's room; Beck--O. N. Shepard's room; Craigle--F. R. Pleasonton's room; Westmorly Reading Room; Claverly Reading Room; Randolph Breakfast Room; Thayer, Holworthy, Stoughton, Hollis--Holworthy 5; Apley Court and Holyoke Street--R. M. Tappan's room, 28 Holyoke. All men in Fairfax, Hampton, Quincy, Walter Hastings, and Perkins, as well as those not living in dormitories, or in any mentioned above, are to meet in Grays 28.