TEAM LEFT FOR PHILADELPHIA

Yesterday at 4.--Short Signal Practice Before Departure.

The University eleven held a short signal practice yesterday at 2 o'clock, and the men ran through the plays with speed and snap. The order for the signal practice was as follows: l.e., Hall; l.t., Brill; l.g., Burr; c., Parker; r.g., Kersburg; r.t., Squires; r.e., Macdonald; q.b., Gilder; l.h.b., Foster; r.h.b., Hurley; f.b., Lockwood. This will probably be the line-up for the game tomorrow, except that Leary will play left end and Starr quarterback. Parker has been moved from guard to centre, where he replaces White in the line-up.

At 4 o'clock the squad of 30 players, accompanied by coaches, managers, and trainer McMasters, left the Boylston street car station in a special car, and proceeded to Fall River by the early boat train. As the car passed through the Square, the team was enthusiastically cheered by about 500 men.

The second team squad of 30 men will leave for Philadelphia this afternoon also by the Fall River line, and will return tomorrow night on the Federal Express with the University team. The following men will be taken: Ball, Barney, Blair, Brown, Burnham, Cavenee, Craft, Davie, Fraser, Giddings, Gilmore, Greenebaum, Grant, Harrison, Heilborn, Horkheimer, Hurd, Inches, Irving, Jones, Kempner, Mason, Pell, Quigley, Sortwell, Stephenson, Shurtieff, Timmins, Wead, Witherbee.