Freshmen Defeated Cushing 14 to 0

The Freshman football team defeated Cushing Academy, in the Stadium on Saturday, by a score of 14 to 0. The Freshman team showed a marked improvement in defensive as well as offensive team play. The line held well and furnished good openings for the backs to charge through. Had it not been for costly fumbles the Freshmen would have run up a larger score.

The only scoring in the first half was a safety made early in the game, when Simon, after having run a punt from the centre of the field to the goal line, fumbled. In the second half Harvard braced and carried the ball down the field by steady gains until Cutler finally went through the line for a touchdown. Forckheimer kicked the goal. The second touchdown was the result of a poor punt by Cushing, which Nourse fell on behind the goal line. Forckheimer again kicked an easy goal.

The summary: HARVARD 1909.  CUSHING. Roosevelt, Wood, l.e.  r.e., Bartlett Severance, l.t.  r.t., Adams Forckheimer, l.g.  r.g., Soeber Nourse, c.  c., Boustin Tappin, Robinson, r.g.  l.g., Freeman Comstock, r.t.  l.t., Blankart Kennard, Jones, Palmer, r.e.  l.e., Riordan Simons, Adams, q.b.  q.b., Clancy Clark, Graydon, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Howard Cutting, Lunt, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Paquet Faulkner, Cutler, f.b.  f.b., Heemer