HALF-HOUR SCRIMMAGE

Well-Developed Team Play.--Three Touchdowns by First Eleven.--Fair Defense.

In the secret practice yesterday the first and second elevens had a scrimmage of about 30 minutes in which the first team made three touchdowns. This afternoon there will be only light work in preparation for the Dartmouth game tomorrow.

The attack of the University eleven yesterday was again fairly strong, and the second team was unable to make any consistent gains. Although the play on the whole was neither brilliant nor especially fast, extremely well-developed team-play was shown at times by the first team. Newhall was back in the game at quarterback, and all of the regular players except Burr, Nichols and Harrison were on the field. Foster and Starr were again given light work and did not play in the scrimmage.

Hurley received the first kickoff of the scrimmage and ran the ball back 20 yards. After the first team was penalized for White's offside play Leonard punted to Morris at mid-field. Gilmore fumbled, but Meier recovering the ball carried it 10 yards. After several exchanges of punts the first eleven got the ball on the 35-yard line and rushed it down the field for a touchdown, Squires scoring. Cunniff kicked the goal. After the next kickoff there were several exchanges of punts on which Morris made two runs of 15 and 20 yards. Squires finally blocked one of Coach Brown's punts and the first eleven, getting the ball on the second's 35-yard line, quickly carried it over, Somes making the touchdown. Cunniff failed to kick the goal. Punts were again exchanged, after which the first eleven made its last touchdown by straight rushing from the 50-yard line. Squires making the score. Leonard punted out to Hurley and Cunniff kicked the goal.

The line-up: FIRST ELEVEN.  SECOND ELEVEN. Leary, l.e.  r.e., Macdonald, Pruyn, Snyder Brill, l.t.  r.t., Meier White, l.g.  r.g., Stephenson Parker, Cunniff, c.  c., Fraser Kersburg, Peirce, r.g.  l.g., Witherby Squires, r.t.  l.t., Gilmore, Schwarzenberg Knowlton, r.e.  l.e., Hall, Grant Newhall, q.b.  q.b., Morris, Quigley Leonard, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Shohl Hurley, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Greenebaum, Blair Somes, f.b.  f.b., Jones, Fish