Camera Club Plans

At the first meeting of the Camera Club, which will be held early in December, there will be an informal address on the composition of photographs by a speaker not yet announced. It is planned to have four more such meetings with informal talks during the year. Mr. J.L. Smith, the well known artist, whose pictures were recently on exhibition in Robinson Hall, will address the Club sometime in January on "Art in Photography." The club, which has this year about 50 members, will hold its annual exhibit in Robinson Hall from January 7 to 21. The photographs entered by each member will constitute a set, and there will be prizes for the three best sets of pictures, and honorable mention for the five next best sets. The exhibit will be open to the University.

The photographs entered for the intercollegiate contest to be held during March and April will be exhibited first in Cambridge, and then at other colleges. Each college enters 50 photographs, and three first prizes and five honorable mentions are awarded to the best individual pictures. Harvard has won the intercollegiate competition or the past three years.

All men interested in photography, should send their names to T.W. Sears, 22 Prescott street, president of the club.