Freshmen Defeated by Dean, 6 to 0

The Freshman eleven was defeated by Dean Academy on Soldiers Field Saturday in their first home game, by a score of 6 to 0. The work of the Freshmen was not particularly encouraging, as several long gains were made around the ends, for which the secondary defense was in many cases responsible. The Freshman line held well and opened up good holes on the offense. The interference was poor, however, in comparison with that of Dean which protected the runner--very effectively.

Dean's touchdown was made in the first half, on a play just outside of left tackle. The features of the game were the well executed end runs by Dean, and the long punts by Lawrence and Gilbert of Harvard. HARVARD  DEAN ACADEMY Nickerson Roosevelt, l.e.  r.e., Sullivan Severance, Comstock, l.t.  r.t., Clarke Hoar, Robinson, l.g.  r.g., Bigelow Dore, c.  c., Houston Forkhcimer, r.g.  l.g., Lente Gilbert, r.t.  l.t., Dutton Kennard, Palmer, r.e.  l.e., Daley Cate, Simons, q.b.  q.b., Kinnsella Cutting, Colton, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Gammons Graydon, Grosvenor, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Wallace Nourse, Lunt, f.b.  f.b., Tilton