RELATIONS WITH U. OF P.

Explained by Statement of Athletic Committee Last Night.--Other Business.

The following statement was issued last night by the Athletic Committee:

The Harvard Athletic Committee has just learned by correspondence with the Pennsylvania Athletic Committee that the football agreement made in 1897 was cancelled in 1900. This action had been overlooked by both committees until after lists of players had been exchanged and the recent protest made. Under the supposition that the agreement was still in force, the Harvard Committee had already taken action on September 29, 1905, by which Pennsylvania was notified that Harvard desired to terminate the aforesaid agreement after January 1, 1906. The effect of that action was merely to leave each party a free hand for the future and does not necessarily involve any break in athletic relations.

The Committee has now advised the football management to make no further representations in connection with its protest, having been officially informed that the player in question has been declared eligible under regulations at present in force at Pennsylvania.

At the meeting of the Committee other business was also transacted as follows:

The following appointments were approved: P. N. Coburn 3L., as coach, N. Kelly '06 as manager, and G. T. Sugden '07 as assistant manager of the baseball team; A. Winsor '02 as coach, N. L. Tilney '06 as manager, and H. W. Nichols '07 as assistant manager of the hockey team. An appropriation of $110 was made to the basketball team for permanent equipment.

The following schedule of the cross country team was approved: November 11, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, over the Technology course from Dorchester to Brookline; November 24, Intercollegiate Cross Country Meet at Travers Island, New York.