Educational Conference at 10.30

A conference of New England professors and teachers of education will be held this morning at 10.30 o'clock in the library of the Department of Education, Lawrence Hall. The purpose of the meeting will be to organize an association of teachers of education in New England colleges and universities. It is proposed to hold conferences once or twice a year at different colleges on matters of special interest to teachers of education. At the conference this morning Professor Jacobs, of Brown, and President Hall, of Clark University, will lead the discussion on "The Aims, Scope, Means and Methods of the Work of the Department of Education in Colleges and Universities."

Those attending the conference will be entertained at luncheon at the Union by the Corporation. The second session of the conference will be held in the Faculty Room in University this afternoon at about 2.30 o'clock. This session will probably be confined to informal discussion of topics which any member may propose.

The departments of education in all the New England colleges and universities will be represented, with the two exceptions of those in Yale and Mt. Holyoke, and the following will be present at the conference: President G.S. Hall, Ph.D., of Clark University: Professor H.H. Britain, of Bates; Professor M.C. Fernald, of Maine State College; Professor W.T. Foster '01, of Bowdoin; Professor W.B. Jacobs, of Brown; Mr. F.C. Lewis, of Dartmouth; Professor W.N. Warren, of Boston University: Miss M. Parker, of Simmons College, Boston: Miss E.K. Adams, of Smith College; Professor A.J. McKeag, of Wellesley College. Delegates from Yale and Mt. Holyoke will be unable to attend. Professor P.H. Hanus and Professor A.O. Norton '98, of the Department of Education, have made the arrangements for the conference.