YARD ROOM APPLICATIONS

Yard Opened to Graduate Students.--No Preference to Seniors in 1906-07.

By Charles F. Mason

The following notice regarding the engagement of rooms in College dormitories for the year 1906-07 has been issued by the Bursar's office:

"Students living in College buildings who intend to be students in any department of the University during the academic year 1906-07 may engage for that year the rooms they now occupy by calling at the Bursar's office and signing the necessary room agreements on or before February 28, 1906, but not after that date.

The regular spring drawing for rooms will take place April 4, 1906. Rooms in Holworthy Hall will be assigned by preference to members of the classes of 1907, 1908, and 1909 in the College and in the Scientific School, and rooms with two bedrooms, in all of the buildings, will be assigned by preferenc upon applications signed by two students. No other preference will be given.

A considerable reduction will be made in the prices of rooms in Conant and in Holyoke for the year 1906-07, and some of these rooms as well as a number of rooms in Walter Hastings, Gannett, and Perkins, may be engaged for that year between now and February 28, 1906. Applications will be considered in the order of their receipt at the Bursar's Office. If made by mail applications must be upon blanks to be obtained from the Bursar. Groups of students will find this an unusual opportunity to secure adjoining, or nearby rooms. The prices of rooms in Walter Hastings include heat by hot water. Several of the Conant rooms are furnished, and the prices include the use of the furniture."