JACK LONDON IN UNION AT 8

Lecture on "Revolution" in Living Room.--Open to All Members of the University.

Mr. Jack London will speak tonight at 8 o'clock in the Living Room of the Union. Beginning with few words of exhortation to "Study Socialism," he will proceed to lecture on his main theme "Revolution." R. Grant, Jr., '06, will introduce the speaker.

Mr. London is best known as a writer of fiction; but in such books as "The War of the Classes," and "The People of the Abyss," he has given the results of his study of socialism and of his investigations of the condition of the poor. His subject tonight will include a definition of social revolution, with an estimate of the strength of the "revolutionists" throughout the world, and, under the topic "Why the Revolution Must Come," an arraignment of the capitalist class for their mismanagement of society.

The Intercollegiate Socialist Society, of which Mr. London is president, has recently been formed for the purpose of inducing the study of socialism in the colleges of the country. The society plans to form clubs in each college for the study of the subject.

The lecture will be open to all members of the University, whether or not members of the Union.