Princeton Letter.

The university hockey team brought its season to a close on Saturday, February 12, when it was defeated by Yale at New York by the score of 9 to 3. When the disadvantages are considered under which the team has labored, the season's work has been very creditable.

The university basketball team defeated Cornell on Saturday, February 11 at Ithaca; but was defeated by Columbia on Wednesday, February 15 by the score of 32 to 28. The latter game was very closely contested, the result being in doubt until the very end. On Saturday, February 18 the team defeated Pennsylvania at Philadelphia by the score of 28 to 20. The superiority of the Princeton players was noticeable in their team work, although the goal throwing of the Pennsylvania team was the better.

The second concert of the New York Symphony Orchestra was given in Alexander Hall on Thursday, February 16, under the leadership of Mr. Walter Damrosch.

The schedule of the gymnastic team has been announced, and contains ten events. Seven are purely exhibitive, the remaining three competitive. Among these is the intercollegiate meet on March 31. Exhibitions with Haverford and Pennsylvania have already been held on January 21 and February 17 respectively.

It has been announced that a co-operative society is to be established in the university. It is to include a number of departments, several of which will be in operation next year. The store will be located at some convenient place on the campus.

It has been announced that A. R. T. Hillebrand '00 has again been appointed head coach of the university baseball team. Hugh Jennings, of the Baltimore Eastern League team, has been engaged to coach the men in batting. He will arrive in Princeton about March 21.

The new Common telescope will probably be set up next month.