HARVARD WON GYMNASTICS

With Princeton by the Score of 29 to 28.--An Excellent Meet.

Harvard won the dual gymnastic meet with Princeton in the Gymnasium last night by the score of 29 to 28. The meet was very closely contested. The Princeton team led until the last event, when Harvard's win of first and second places in the tumbling contest decided the final result.

The Harvard team was superior on the parallel bars and side horse, and in single tumbling, the Princeton men excelling on the horizontal bar and flying rings. A special event was the double tumbling in which Princeton's team of three outclassed Harvard's two representatives.

The work of C. A. Woodbury '06, on the parallel bars was an excellent exhibition of strength and ease. L. M. Dunning of Princeton on the horizontal bar showed great skill. Much interest was taken in the double tumbling of the Princeton trio, in which H. H. Short of this year's football team exhibited great strength, supporting the other two men on his shoulders and hands. The work of R. M. Emery 3L. and R. S. Coryell '08 in single tumbling called forth frequent applause. Princeton's work on the flying rings was very skillful. J. N. Sayre gave a finished exhibition of club swinging. G. F. Evans '05 outclassed all others by his superior work on the horse.

The summary:

Horizontal bar--Princeton, 8; Harvard, 1.

Club swinging--Princeton, 5; Harvard, 4.

Side horse--Harvard, 8; Princeton, 1.

Double tumbling--Princeton, 3; Harvard, 0.

Flying rings--Princeton, 6; Harvard, 3.

Parallel bars--Harvard, 5, Princeton, 4.

Single tumbling--Harvard, 8; Princeton, 1.