DR. GRENFELL'S LECTURE

On Labrador in the Living Room of the Union This Evening at 7.30 o'clock.

Dr. W. T. Grenfell will give a lecture on Labrador in the Living Room of the Union this evening at 7.30 o'clock. The lecture will be illustrated by stereopticon views, showing the development of the work which Dr. Grenfell is undertaking in Labrador, with scenes of winter travel by dog team.

A graduate of King's College, Oxford, and the Royal College of Surgeons, Dr. Grenfell has studied medicine with Sir Andrew Clarke. For a time he was associated with Sir Frederick Treves, King Edward's surgeon, and is a holder of the Board of Trade certificate of competency as master mariner. For the last twelve years Dr. Grenfell has been engaged in medical work among the natives and fishermen of Labrador, cruising in the summer the length of the coast in his steel hospital-ship, the "Strathcona." On one of these voyages he made the first chart of the coast which is in any way accurate. An athlete, and interested in all branches of college activity, Dr. Grenfell is peculiarly well-fitted to treat his subject from the point of view of interest to college men.

The lecture will be open only to members of the Union, and membership cards will be required at the door.