TRACK TEAM MEETING

J. G. Lathrop Appointed Coach in Place of Mr. Graham.--Work Starts Today.

About 125 men attended the meeting of track candidates held in the Gymnasium yesterday afternoon. W. F. Garcelon '95 outlined the season's work and told of the coaching plans. J. G. Lathrop, who coached the track team from 1884 to 1900, has been appointed coach, subject to the approval of the Athletic Committee, to take the place of Mr. Graham who is ill. Mr. Lathrop's appointment is especially fortunate as he understands conditions in the University and as his and Mr. Garcelon's methods are very similar. He will commence his duties on March 28.

Light work will start today and will last for two weeks in order to get the men in good condition. Captains have been appointed for the various squads which will meet in the Gymnasium every afternoon. The sprinters, quarter-milers and broad-jumpers will report to Dives, and half-milers to Curtis, at 4. Candidates for the mile and two-mile will report to King at 4.30. The shot-putters will practice at 4 and the high-jumpers from 3 to 4.30. Candidates for the hurdle events will join the sprinting squad. Pole-vaulting practice will be held two or three times a week. Work in the other events will begin as soon as the ground is dry enough for outside practice.

The Columbia relay meet will be held in New York on Saturday. The following four men have been entered: W. A. Schick, Jr., '05, A. W. Soule '06, J. F. Doyle '07, and O. F. Rogers '08. On April 29 the annual relay carnival of the University of Pennsylvania will be held at Philadelphia.

The annual spring handicap games will take place about the middle of April. These games are open to the University, and all men who intend to try for the University team are expected to enter. There will be the usual events. The class games will be held late in April and the University games early in May. The annual field day consolation games open to all who do not make the team, will be held on May 17.

The dual meet with rare will be held on May 20 at New Haven, and the following week, on May 26 and 27, the intercollegiate meet will be held at Franklin Field, Philadelphia.