Work on Radcliffe Student House.

Work on the Elizabeth Cary Agassiz House at Radcliffe has progressed well in the last two months, and the decoration of the interior is now under way. It is expected that the building will be finished by May 1. The house is intended for a club for Radcliffe students and stands on the corner of James and Mason streets.

The building, which is four stories high, is of Harvard brick with marble trimmings. Four large white stone pillars flank the main entrance. The decoration of the interior is of Greek style and is done in white and light green tints. On the first floor are a social room, a reception room, two tea rooms, and a dining room which can accommodate 350 people. The dining room is decorated in white and light green. A semi-circular serving room finished in dark oak occupies one of its sides. Two white marble stairways with iron balustrades lead to the second floor, on which are the living room and the auditorium. The living room has a large fire-place at either end, and is finished in dark oak. The auditorium, which will seat 500 people, has a stage and balcony, and is decorated in white and green. Two balconies, one overlooking the living room and the other in the auditorium, occupy the third floor. The fourth contains four club rooms. In the basement are the kitchen, serving-room, pantry, china-closet, housekeeper's room, furnace room, and a locker room which will contain 450 lockers. An arcade connects the first floor with the gymnasium, which is near by. The building will be provided with steam heat and electric and gas lights. The total cost will be about $100,000.

The dedication will probably take place on Class Day.