University Reception this Evening.

The University Reception, which takes the place of the Assemblies given in former years, will be held in the Union this evening at 8.30 o'clock. Entrance will be by the East Door. The patronesses, Mrs. A. F. Cabot, Mrs. W. G. Farlow, Mrs. J. C. Gray, Mrs. E. C. Pickering, and Mrs. N. S. Shaler will receive in the Living Room from 8.30 to 10. There will be dancing in the Periodical Room from 9 to 12, and supper will be served in the Dining Room from 9.30 to 11. Members of the Corporation and the Board of Overseers and the visiting committees, with their families, and all the officers of instruction and government, with their families, have been invited. It is estimated that 350 people will be present.

An executive committee, composed of the following, will have charge of all the arrangements: Professor E. Wambaugh '76, chairman; Professor W. H. Schofield, secretary; and Dr. G. H. Chase '96, treasurer; of the board of managers of the University receptions, and Dean L. B. R. Briggs '75, Dean B. S. Hurlbut '87, Professor W. S. Burke, Professor W. R. Spalding '87, and Professor J. L. Love.

The use of the Union was offered by the House Committee, and was accepted by the managers of the reception because more prominence would thus be given to the reception proper, which in the Gymnasium was cramped by being held in the same room with the dance.