M.Millet's Last Lecture "La Marce."

M. Rene Millet gave the last of the series of Hyde lectures under the auspices of the Cercle Francais yesterday afternoon in Sanders Theatre on "La Maroc Avenir de la colonisation europeene dans l'Afrique du Nord."

Morocco, M. Millet said, has an excellent position, commanding as it does the Mediterranean and the Atlantic; but, because of the weakness of the government, it has never played an important part in the history of the world. The sultan enjoys a semblance of power on the coast; but in the mountainous interior is not even recognized. This absence of a strong central government has often caused international trouble. To establish it, Spain, England and France have each tried to gain a foothold in Morocco, but all attempts to do so have failed.

M. Millet then called attention to the keynote of his lectures--the necessity for Christian and Mohammedan states along the Mediterranean. France is now working to bring this understanding about in her African dependencies.

In closing, M. Millet expressed his appreciation of the cordial reception he had received in Cambridge, and on be half of the Alliance Francaise, presented a gold medal to the Cercle Francais, On couraging the members to continue their work in stimulating interest in the language, literature and people of France. P. G. Henderson '05, made a brief speech of thanks in accepting the medal for the Cercle Francais.