Work of the Class Crews

The class crews have been on the river daily during the past week. Two Senior and two Junior crews are rowing from the Weld, coached by Rice, and two Sophomore crews from the University boathouse, coached by Vail and G. Bancroft '02. The crews have improved somewhat, but the Seniors are rather slow on the catch. The Juniors have a tendency to rush the slides, and frequent changes in the Sophomore boats have retarded their development.

The Freshman squad has been cut down to five eights which are rowing under the general supervision of J. P. Bowditch '05. Wray and Captain Filley are coaching the first crew, and Vail, the remaining four. C. Wiggins is stroking the first crew, in place of G. G. Ball, who has stopped rowing. No Freshman crews, as originally intended, will be kept in Cambridge during the Easter recess. The Freshman training table will be started by May 1.

The class crew races will probably be held on May 25, and the winning crew will compete in the American Henley on May 27. Candidates for the Weld and Newell crews will be called out after the recess.