Track Work Since the Recess

The University will not be represented today in the annual relay carnival of the University of Pennsylvania at Franklin Field, Philadelphia. For several years teams have been entered, but the program for the development of the track team has been altered this year. The coaches aim to have the members of the team in their best condition for the dual meet with Yale on May 20 and have decided that it would be inconsistent with this plan to allow certain men to be trained to their utmost so early in the season.

Since the recess the candidates for the track team have been preparing for the handicap games which will be held in the Stadium Monday afternoon at 3 o'clock. Although the sprinters and hurdlers have been running their full distances on time, the candidates for the half-mile, mile and two-mile runs have gone more than their regular distances without being timed. The pole vaulters and jumpers have been progressing favorably and have commenced to try for results rather than form.

There is still a great lack of material for the hammer throw and shot put. The hammer throwers are less developed than the candidates for any other event, and although the shot putters have been coached by W. F. Gareelon L.'95 since the recess, they still lack form and do not obtain sufficient distance. More candidates for both these events are urged to come out.

An admission fee of 25 cents will be charged all spectators, except H. A. A. ticket holders, at the handicap games. Tickets will be placed on sale at Leavitt & Peirce's this morning.