1908 Won Baseball with C. L. S.

The Freshman baseball team defeated Cambridge Latin School Saturday afternoon in a poorly played game on Soldiers Field by a score of 5 to 2. The defeat of Cambridge Latin was due to its own poor playing rather than to any good work by the Freshmen. Nash, the Cambridge Latin pitcher played a steady game, but was not properly supported. The Freshmen were extremely weak at the bat, ten men striking out. Their infield throwing was inaccurate, but they ran bases well.

In the first inning, Ware singled, stole second and third, and scored with Pritchett on Waters hit. Kurtz made an other run in the second inning, and Waters scored in the third on a hit, an error, and Bennett's sacrifice. In the fourth inning, Fischel made the last run for the Freshmen. He got his base on balls, and, after stealing second and third, came home on a sacrifice hit by Waters. Cambridge Latin scored its two runs in the third and eighth innings. Stiles made a hit in the third inning, stole second and third bases, and scored on Keaney's single. Boyer scored the other run in the eight inning on a base on balls and three stolen bases.