BASEBALL WITH U. of P.

First Important Game this Afternoon in Philadelphia.--Nine Expected to Win.

Philadelphia, Pa., May 12.--The University baseball team will play Pennsylvania tomorrow afternoon at 3 o'clock on Franklin Field, Philadelphia.

Several changes will be made in the batting order of the University team. Mahar will be in the game at right field for the first time since before the Southern trip; Dexter will play in centre field in place of Spencer, and Kemble will be at second base. McCarty will be unable to play on account of a slight attack of tonsilitis.

In a short practice at Franklin Field yesterday the team showed very fast fielding, especially in throwing to bases. In batting, however, the work was not so good.

The batting orders: HARVARD.  PENNSYLVANIA. Mahar, r.f.  l.f., Ziegler Leonard, 3b.  2b., Cariss Randall, 1b.  1b., Myers Matthews, s.s.  c.f., Weeks Stephenson, c.  c., Hare Dexter, c.f.  r.f., Aldendifer Kernan, l.f.  p., Hay Coburn, p.  3b., Schuler Kemble, 2b.  s.s., Johnston

From indications furnished by past games, Harvard should win today without difficulty. Pennsylvania has played fourteen games and won only four, while the University team has won eleven of its thirteen games. The only teams played by both Harvard and Pennsylvania were Williams and Trinity. Both games were won easily by the University nine, while Pennsylvania was defeated by Trinity 2 to 0, and won from Williams by the close score of 6 to 5. In other important games, Pennsylvania has been twice defeated by Georgetown, twice by Yale by the scores of 3 to 2 and 6 to 0, by Princeton a week ago by 7 to 5, and Wednesday by Lafayette 3 to 0. In minor games the Pennsylvania team has defeated Gettysburg, Lehigh and Franklin and Marshall.

The play of the University team in the game with Cornell on Wednesday showed marked improvement over the work of the week before. In practice since then fast play has been kept up, and the nine should be in the best form of the season thus far for the game today.

The CRIMSON will publish a bulletin in the Union this afternoon, giving the score of the game by innings.