INGERSOLL LECTURE AT 8

By Dr. Crothers on "Immortality and Ethical Idealism" in New Lecture Hall.

Rev. S. McC. Crothers, D.D., h. '99, pastor of the fist Unitarian Church, will deliver, this year's Ingersoll lecture at 8 o'clock in the New Lecture Hall. His subject, which he will discuss in a liberal manner from the point of view of modern ethics, will be "Immortality and Ethical Idealism."

Dr. Crothers has been prominent in the Unitarian Church for a number of years as an author and broad-minded theologian. After graduating from Princeton in 1874 the studied for the ministry at the Union Theological Seminary in New York. He held pastorates in California, Nevada and Vermont, but in 1894 was called to Cambridge. Six years ago the University conferred upon him the honorary degree of S.T.D. Dr. Crothers is the author of "Members of One Body," "Miss Muffet's Christmas Party" and a number of magazine articles.

The Ingersoll lectureship was founded by the will of Miss Caroline Haskell Ingersoll, of Keene, N. H., who died in 1893. Provision was made for the annual delivery and publication of a lecture upon "The Immortality of Man." Last year Dr. William Osler, professor of medicine at Johns Hopkins University, spoke upon "Science and Immortality."

The lecture will be open to the public.