DUAL MEET WITH YALE

At New Haven Today.--Forecast, Entries, Officials, Past Scores and Records.

The fourteenth annual dual track meet with Yale will be held on Yale Field, New Haven, this afternoon at 2.30 o'clock. This will be the sixth contest for the silver trophy cup presented by Mr. W. Baker '86 and Mr. G. B. Morison '83 of Harvard, and Mr. Walter Camp '80 and Mr. H.S. Brooks '86 of Yale. The cup will become the permanent property of the university winning it five times. At present Harvard has won it twice and Yale three times.

It is especially difficult this year to predict with any degree of accuracy the result of the meet. Yale men took part in the Pennsylvania relay carnival in April, and in the dual meet with Princeton last Saturday showed fairly well what may be expected of them. The Harvard team, however, has had no outside meets and the handicap and class games were both held with unfavorable weather conditions. Harvard should have the advantage on the track but is unusually weak in the field events. The results of the hurdles are most uncertain, and it is very probable that these two events will decide the meet.

Forecast of Events.

From a comparison of records this year and from the performances of men who have taken part in previous meets it is safe to say that the contest will be close, with the chances slightly in favor of Yale. First places in most of the events are fairly easy to determine, but there are sure to be some surprises in the second and third places.

W.A. Schick, Jr., '05 should have no difficulty in winning the 100-yard dash. Torrey of Yale, who made 10 s. flat in the meet with Princeton last Saturday, strained a tendon at the finish and may not be able to run today. If he enters, second place will lie between him and L.P. Dodge '08, with the chances favoring Dodge. There are three other fast men in this race, P.C. Lockwood '07, and Lowe and Robinson of Yale.

In the 220-yard dash Schick and Dodge should win first and second, and third place will be closely contested for by E.J. Dives '06 and Twitchell of Yale.

Although Dives has had no hard trial this spring, he is in better condition that last year and should win the 440-yard dash from Ewing of Yale, who did his quarter-mile in the relay race at Philadelphia in 49.4-5 s. Burnap of Yale will probably take third place.

The 880-yard run is conceded to Parsons of Yale, and second and third places, judging from their previous experience, should go to Tilson of Yale and H.H. Whitman '06, respectively.

The mile run lies between D. Grant 4M, and Alcott of Yale, who both hold the dual record of 4 p.m., 26.1-5 s., but Grant's long experience is in his favor. Hill of Yale should win third place.

The two-mile run will be a close race between A. King 2L. and Hail of Yale, but King should win. Third place lies