BASEBALL MASS MEETING

In Union at 7.30.--Song Rehearsal. Coaches and Captain Randall to Speak.

A baseball mass meeting will be held in the Living Room of the Union this evening at 8 o'clock. Dr. E. H. Nichols '86, Coach Frantz and Captain Carr will speak. At this meeting the members of last year's baseball team and also the head coach, trainer and manager will be presented with watch charms in the form of gold baseballs. These souvenirs are presented by the Athletic Association of Harvard Graduates to every team that wins the Yale series. The presentation speech will be made by D. S. Dean '91, who was captain of the baseball team in his Senior year. The following men will receive the gold baseballs: W. Clarkson '03, R. P. Kernan '03, C. W. Randall '05, E. E. Coolidge '02, W. C. Matthews '05, P. Carr '04, H. D. Kernan '05, A. Stillman '03, B. K. Stephenson '06, P. N. Coburn '02, B. Wendell, Jr., '02, J. McMaster, A. H. Weed '03.

The meeting will be open to all members of the University whether members of the University or not.

The University baseball nine held its last practice before the Yale game yesterday afternoon. The work was short, but showed a keenness and dash that made it one of the most encouraging practices of the year. At bat, the team hit the ball better than it has done at any time previously this year, as the men made long, hard line drives that were in contrast to the files made in the Holy Cross game. In the field, also, the work was animated and showed the spirit of determination and hard work that pervades the team. Although a heavy thunder shower fell during the practice, the men carried every play through to its end, despite the slippery ground and wet balls.

There will be no practice this afternoon as the squad will be taken for a sail in Boston Harbor.