1908 BASEBALL WITH YALE

On Soldiers Field This Afternoon at 3 o'clock.--Close Game Expected.

The Freshman baseball team will play its last game with the Yale freshmen this afternoon at 3 o'clock on the University diamond, Soldiers Field. Tickets at 50 cents each are on sale at Leavitt & Peirce's, the Union, Goodman, Leavitt & Yatter's and the Smoke Shops. H. A. A. tickets will not admit to the game.

Since the first game with Yale last Saturday, which was lost by inability to bat; the Freshmen have been given hard practice and have shown marked improvement in hitting. The infield, although still somewhat erratic, has steadied its play considerably. Last Wednesday the Yale freshmen won their second victory over the Princeton freshmen by the score of 5 to 4. Yale's victory was due to timely hitting and to a few brilliant plays, rather than to steady good playing. The consistently good work done by the Freshmen during the past week gives promise of a victory this afternoon, provided that Lincoln pitches in good form.

The batting order: HARVARD 1908.  YALE 1908. Ware, l.f.  r.f., Mercer Pritchett, s.s.  s.s., Lang McNell, r.f.  2b., Dines Lincoln, p.  l.f., Madden Fischel, c.f.  3b.; Marshall Thomas, 3b.  1b., Stanley Wendell, c.  c.f., Lyon Smith, 2b.  c., Cleveland Stephenson, 1b.  p., Whitaker, Spaulding

The Freshman team has played a very uneven game throughout the season, and frequent changes have been necessary in many positions. Fischel, centre fielder, covers his position well and throws in accurately. Although a fairly good hitter, he is apt to misjudge the ball and is slow in running bases. Ware, left fielder, fields and throws well. He is a strong hitter, but is a reckless base-runner. McNeil, in right field, bats fairly well, but is not a good thrower and is slow in the field and on the bases. Thomas, at third base, is erratic in fielding and throwing. He is a poor hitter with a tendency to offer at bad balls, and is slow in running bases. At short stop Pritchett covers very little ground and is somewhat uncertain in throwing. Although he has a tendency to step away from the plate, he is a fair hitter, and is a good base runner. Stephenson, first baseman, is weak in fielding ground balls, but otherwise covers his position well. He bats in good form, although he has made few hits this year. His base running is slow. Smith, second baseman, is a hard hitter, but pulls away from the ball. He is fairly steady in his position, but is inclined to throw inaccurately. Wendell, catcher, has only been playing with the team little more than a week. He replaces Lovering, who split his finger in the game with Milton Academy, and, owing partly to lack of practice, is weak in catching and in throwing to bases, although he bats well. Lincols, pitcher, is a fairly strong hitter and covers his position satisfactorily. He has a tendency to pitch too fast and, as a result, lacks control at times.