Wonderful Senior Picnic

Three hundred Seniors loosed from their mortar boards and scholastic gowns, were successfully led to Nantasket Point yesterday by R. H. Oveson, Chaperone, and J. H. Lathrop, Sky Pilot.

After the rendezvous in the Yard at which official badges were presented to all present, the triumphal procession proceeded to Otis wharf, where they were met by Kanrich's band, some beer and a boat. Gliding over the calm waters of the bay, the class was accorded a full salute by the United States warships in the harbor. This courtesy was acknowledged by a hearty cheer, expressive of the good feeling existing between the men behind the keg and those behind the guns.

On arrival at the Point the crowd soon discovered, dodgers to be plugged, canes to be ringed and loops to be looped. Clams and lobsters provided by the food inspection committee offered a welcome diversion in the middle of the day. The afternoon was occupied by sports of various kinds. The Mining Club defeated the Engineering Club in an exciting baseball game, but the score was unfortunately lost. Of the track events the most interesting was throwing the lobster, won by W. T. Harrison; the name of the lobster is withheld. The entertainment offered by the sea was especially popular, and considerable excitement was aroused when visitors on one of the regular boats to the Point discovered what was thought to be a school of white porpoises. These later turned out to be the Seniors.

The return trip was accomplished without accident and the Seniors reached Cambridge in good order.