Two Basketball Games Today

The Freshman basketball team will play Fall River High School in the Gymnasium this evening at 8 o'clock. It is expected that the game will be a hard one, although the Freshmen have been practicing faithfully, and have developed strong team play.

The line-up follows: HARVARD 1909  FALL RIVER H. S. Brooks, l.g.  r.g., T. MacKnight White, Deane, r.g.  l.g., R. MacKnight Dial, Davis, c.  C., Felden, capt. Allen, Heywood, l.f.  r.f., Slade currie, capt., r.f.  l.f., White

The second University basketball team will play its first game with Cambridge Manual Training School this afternoon in the Gymnasium at 2 o'clock. The large proportion of experienced men in the second squad this year indicates that the team will be strong. The development of team play, however, has been prevented by the constant changes made in trying out material and, in consequence, the outcome of today's game is doubtful. J. W. Appel `06 has been appointed captain of the second team.

Immediately after the mid-year examinations a series of scrub games will begin, in which the members of the winning team will be awarded cups. Blank books for entries will be placed in the office of the Gymnasium within a, few days. Men may enter singly, or in groups of five. The games will be subject to the following rules:

1. All teams must appear ready for play at the Gymnasium at the time scheduled.

2. Fifteen minute halves shall be played except in the final games.

3. Scrub teams must not permit their practice to interfere with that of the University or Freshman teams, or with the work of classes or teams using the Gymnasium regularly.

4. Captain will be elected and will be held responsible for the prompt appearance of the teams. Ten minutes delay in starting will forfeit a game.

5. Officials will be appointed, and balls furnished, by the management.

A schedule will be made as soon as the entries are closed. Games will probably be played every day.

Trials for the Freshman Mandolin Club will be held next Wednesday evening at 7.30 o'clock in Randolph 13.