Interclass Fencing Begins Tonight

The first half of the interclass fencing tournament will be fought at 8 o'clock this evening in the new fencing room of the Gymnasium. Each team will be composed of three men, every man to meet every other on the opposing teams. This will necessitate fighting 54 bouts, and for that reason it has been decided to hold the tournament on two separate evenings. Cups, presented by H. St. Gaudens '03, will be awarded to members of the winning team, who will also be entitled to wear caps bearing their class numerals and crossed swords.

The chances in the tournament this evening are slightly in favor of the Junior team, which is composed of practically the same men who won the class championship last year. Throughout the season the Senior team has shown signs of ability, but is not in good form on account of lack of practice. The Sophomores and Freshmen have been handicapped by scarcity of material, and will probably not show up well this evening.

The teams are composed as follows:

1906--J. R. Nichols, captain, L. P. Soule, L. F. Gilbert.

1907--R. E. Gish, captain, W. F. Lew, W. Goodwin.

1908--C. A. Bliss, captain, B. M. Nussbaum, C. E. Tilton.

1909--G. L. Cutting, captain, C. M. Price, S. Kelly.

The judges will be W. L. Bowman 2L., W. MacLeod 2L., H. A. Hirsch 2L., H. W. Holmes '03, A. Tyng '04.