Plot of Hasty Pudding Play

As its annual play the Hasty Pudding Club will present this year a light musical comedy entitled "The Wanderer." The principal points in the play are the kidnapping of an American by the Sultan of Morocco; the winning of the Sultan's friendship by the American; the American's love for one of the Harem; his rise to position of Sultan pro tem; the troubles caused by his unexpected dignity; and finally his eagerness to depart from the scenes around which the play is built.

The play is divided into two acts, in the first of which the scene shows a street in a large Morocco city, and in the second the country near the Sultan's palace. The costumes are those of the present time in Morocco.

The words and music of the production are by G. H. Cox, Jr., with additional lyrics and suggestions by J. Hinckley '06. D. C. Bartholomew is the designer of the poster; and James Gilbert will coach the play, assisted in the dancing by James Reynolds.

The play will be presented at the club theatre on April 2 for undergraduates of the University, and on April 3, 4, and 5 for the public. Two public performances will be given at Jordan Hall, Boston, on April 6 and 7, respectively. Tickets, at $2.00 each, except a limited number at $1.00 for the undergraduate performance on April 2, will be put on sale after March 5, at Amee's, the Co-operative, the Union, and at Herrick's, the Touraine, and the Adams House in Boston. Applications for seats for either or both the Cambridge or Boston performances should be mailed, after February 1, to H. W. Nichols, 12 Apthorp. A check, made payable to H. W. Nichols, and covering the price of the tickets required must accompany every application. Tickets will be sent out about March 5.