Rough Basketball Practice

In a long practice last night the University basketball team defeated the second team by the score of 23 to 9. Although the team work was fair it was less effective than it should have been owing to the fact that the forwards were slow in following the ball down the floor. The work was as aggressive as that of any practice this year, but there was a great deal of roughness and fouling which kept the ball out of play much of the time. The offence showed a slight improvement; but the defence, especially at the beginning of the second half, when the second team scored several baskets and fouls in succession, was decidedly weak. Captain Griffith's work was the best feature; his dodging and dribbling were fast, and his shooting, except on fouls, was accurate. Amberg at centre was effective in helping the trick formation from the toss-up; and, although his shooting was inaccurate, he was aggressive and was in the play all the time.

Following is the line-up: UNIVERSITY TEAM.  SECOND TEAM. Quigley, l.f.  rf.., McCarty, Downey Broun, Brooks, r.f.  l.f., Moore Amberg, c.  c., Miles Griffith r.g.  l.g., Goode Burnham, l.g.  r.g., Dwelley