Improved Hockey Practice

In a 50-minute practice game at the Brae Burn Country Club yesterday afternoon the University hockey team won from the second team by the score of 6 to 2. Some improvement was evident in the shooting of both teams, and the scoring on each side would have been greater had it not been for the excellent stops made by both of the goals. The ice was in fair condition, but only two sides of the rink were in position and in consequence the play was slow and uninteresting.

Although the forwards on the first team followed back better than at any previous time this year they failed to keep their positions, a fault which was also noticeable in the work of the points and cover points. There was much good body checking, but little team play was shown. If there is ice, practice for the University team will be held today on the rink in the Stadium in preparation for the game with Springfield tomorrow.

The line-up: Pell, l.e.  r.e., Crosby Townsend r.e.  r.c., Edgell M. Newhall, r.e.  l.e., Tilney D. Newhall, c.p.  c.p., Harding Willetts, p.  p., Sampson Ivy, g.  g., Washburn