Hockey With Newtowne at 3.30

If the ice is in good condition, the University hockey team will play the Newtowne Club this afternoon at 3.30 o'clock on the Stadium rink. The chances are slightly in favor of the University team, since the opposing seven has had little opportunity to develop any team play.

The line-up: HARVARD.  NEWTOWNE CLUB. Pell, l.e.  r.e., Brooks Townsend, l.c.  r.c., Taylor Macleod, r.c.  l.c., Whittemore Briggs, r.e.  l.e., Cutler D. Newhall, c.p.  c.p., Clarkson Willets, p.  p., Pipe Ivy, g.  g., Nazro

As the warm weather yesterday afternoon prevented the University squad from practicing on the ice, the men were given exercise in playing handball, followed by a run in the baseball cage. As soon as the ice is in good condition on the second rink in the Stadium, candidates for the Freshman team will be called out and a temporary captain will be appointed. The upperclass squads will commence work a few days later. The Juniors will practice with the Freshmen from 3 to 4 o'clock and the Seniors with the Sophomores from 4 to 5 o'clock every afternoon, and occasionally the University team will line up against one of the class teams.

The revised schedule of the University team is as follows:

January 10--Massachusetts Institute of Technology.

January 13--Columbia at New York.

January 18--Dartmouth.

January 20--Princeton at New York.

January 24--Andover.

January 27--Brown.

January 31--Springfield.

February 3--Roxbury.

February 7--Williams.

February 10--St. Paul's School.

February 17--Yale at New York.

Except when otherwise stated all the games will be played on the Stadium rink.

T. Briggs '09, A. Fraser-Campbell '08, M. L. Newhall '08 and J. P. Willetts '09 have been taken to the University training table, which was transferred to the Union this morning.

January 13--Columbia at New York.

January 18--Dartmouth.

January 20--Princeton at New York.

January 24--Andover.

January 27--Brown.

January 31--Springfield.

February 3--Roxbury.

February 7--Williams.

February 10--St. Paul's School.

February 17--Yale at New York.