Intercollegiate Golf Begins Today

The eleventh annual tournament of the Intercollegiate Golf Association, made up of Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Columbia, Pennsylvania, and Williams, will begin today on the course of the Garden City Golf Club, at Garden City, Long Island. The preliminary round of the team matches will be played today, and the final match, of 36 holes, tomorrow. Harvard will play Princeton today.

The University team is composed of the following members: H. H. Wilder '09, T. Briggs '09, E. W. Clark '07, H. F. McNeil '08, W. Hickox '08, T. M. Claflin '07, and I. S. Broun '08, substitute.

The team is seriously handicapped by the loss of F. Ingalls 3L., P. Gilbert '08, W. F. Harrison '06. If, however, the men play their best game, the prospects are good.

Williams, the new member of the association, has not sent a team, but has entered several men in the individual championship.

The contest for the individual championship, open to members and substitutes of the competing teams will begin on Thursday, with an 18-hole qualifying round, in which sixteen men will qualify. The finals, at 36 holes, will be played on Saturday.