HARVARD VS. MAINE

In Stadium at 3.--Changes in Line-up.-- No Scrimmage Yesterday.

The University eleven will play its third game of the season with the University of Maine this afternoon in the Stadium at 3 o'clock. Hoar will go in at right tackle on the University team in place of inches, and Lockwood will start the game at right halfback instead of Wenden. Burnham will again play left end.

This is the first game of the season for the Maine team, which will have four of the men who played against Harvard last year, when the University team won by the score of 22 to 0.

The line-up of the two teams follows: HARVARD.  MAINE. Burnham, l.c.  r.e., Talbot Osborne, l.t.  r.t., Matheas Burr, l.g.  r.g., Ray Parker, c.  c., Rounds Kersburg, r.g.  l.g., Hurd Hoar, r.t.  l.t., Smith Macdonald, r.e.  l.e., Burleigh Starr, q.b.  q.b., Miner Lockwood, r.h.  l.h., Farwell Foster, l.h.  r.h., Higgins Apollonio, f.b.  f.b., Hodgins

The practice yesterday afternoon was extremely light, consisting mainly of work on the quarterback kick, the forward pass, and in punting from a scrimmage formation, but because of the game today there was no scrimmage. Several new men were tried out on the first eleven. There is still a great need of halfbacks. Under the direction of Coaches Marshall and Knowlton, the first team line men were given practice in blocking and starting, while the secondary line men were shown the proper positions to be taken for the same kind of work. There was a long punting practice for the backs, ends, and quarterbacks, which was followed by a slight practice in running in punts. One new man reported: W. M. Washburn '08, end.