Freshmen, 17; Cushing Academy, 0

The Freshman football team defeated Cushing Academy on Soldiers Field on Saturday by a score of 17 to 0. This was the last game before that with Yale 1910 at New Haven next Saturday, and the marked improvement shown was most encouraging. In both defense and attack the team outplayed its opponents, and the backfield was strong.

Harvard made the first touchdown at the very beginning of the game, having won a free kick from a touchback and regained the ball on a fumble at the middle of the field. Gilbert carried the ball over after a run to the 10-yard line and two rushes. Brown kicked the goal. During the rest of the half an open game was played, and the ball remained chiefly in Cushing's territory.

In the second half, after a hard flight, the Freshmen succeeded in carrying the ball by steady advances to the goal line, and Gilbert again went over for a touchdown, West kicking the goal. The third touchdown was made by Page, who blocked a punt on Cushing's 30-yard line. The goal was missed.

The summary: HARVARD 1910.  CUSHING. Hutchinson, Keneflck, l.e.  r.e., Riordan Fish, l.t.  r.t., Adams West, l.g.  r.g., Edwards, Blanchard Morris, Hadden, c.  c., Boutin Bacon, r.g.  l.g., Freeman, Dicks Forster, r.t.  l.t., Sherwin T. Brown, G. G. Browne, r.e.  l.e., Wheeler, Kelly Crocker, Galatti, q.b.  q.b., Putnam, Clancy Gilbert, Page, l.h.  r.h., Howard Enos, Gregory, r.h.  l.h., Loeber Waterbury, Morgan, f.b.  f.b., Houston, Kenney

Score--Harvard 1910, 17; Cushing, 0. Touchdowns--Gilbert, 2; Page, 1. Goals --T. Brown, West. Referee--L. H. Leary '06. Umpires--B. B. Osthues, Dr. Cleaves, Cushing. Timekeeper--T. S. Blumer '10. Time--20 and 15-minute halves.