Yale Defeated Brown, 5 to 0

Yale defeated Brown last Saturday by a score of 5 to 0, the one touchdown being made by Forbes early in the second half, after a long series of rushes by Knox. The latter failed to kick the goal.

Throughout the first half Yale was distinctly outplayed. Brown made long gains on forward passes, delayed passes, and cross bucks, keeping Yale almost entirely on the defensive. Yale had but one chance to score in this half, when a 65-yard run by Knox brought the ball to Brown's 5-yard line, where it was lost on downs.

In the second half Yale braced, and after scoring, held Brown safely. The playing of Knox and Veeder's punting were the redeeming features, while Mayhew, Curtis, and Schwartz for Brown played the best game.

The summary: YALE.  BROWN. Forbes, l.e.  r.e., Elrod Paige, l.t.  r.t., Hazard Brides, l.g.  r.g., Aylor Hockenberger, c.  c., Conklin Erwin, r.g.  l.g., Westervelt Bigelow, r.t.  l.t., Kirley Alcott, r.e.  l.e., Pryor Jones, q.b.  q.b., Schwartz Knox, l.h.  r.h., Curtis Veeder, r.h.  l.h., Mayhew Morse, Wernecken, f.b.  f.b., McDonald

Score--Yale, 5; Brown, 0. Touchdown--Forbes. Referee--Williams of Pennsylvania. Umpire--Godcharles of Lafayette. Linesman--S. M. Hammond. Timers--Scott of Brown, Corcoran of Yale. Time--25-minute halves.