Executive Meeting of I.C.A.A.A.A.

At the annual meeting of the executive committee of the Intercollegiate Association of Amateur Athletes of America, just held in New York, several important changes in the constitution were proposed and discussed. It was moved that the executive committee be empowered to exclude by unanimous vote any athlete, even though otherwise eligble, from the intercollegiate meet. This motion will be further discussed at the next meeting of the committee, which will be held on January 11. The advisability of excluding freshmen from the intercollegiate meet was also discussed and the secretary was instructed to ascertain from each college whether or not it employed the rule debarring first year students. The possibility of changing the date of the meet from the last Friday and Saturday in May to the first Friday and Saturday in June was also considered and referred to the next meeting.

The records of A. G. Grant '07 and T. M. Jackson, Cornell, in the pole vault, made in last year's intercollegiate meet, were approved and both were awarded championship medals.

A five per cent dividend was declared on the net receipts of the last intercollegiate meet, held in the Stadium on May 25 and 26, and was distributed among the colleges of the association. The report of H. S. Thompson '99, graduate manager of the meet last May, showed that the meet was the most profitable in the history of the association, the net proceeds being $3912.

G. Emerson '08, assistant manager of the University track team, represented Harvard at this meeting.