Chess Match With Yale Tonight

This evening at 7.30 o'clock the University chess team will play its annual match with Yale in Dwight Hall, New Haven. Last year Harvard defeated Yale by a score of 5 1-2 to 4 1-2. In the match tonight a time limit will be enforced of 20 minutes for each man during the first hour, and 15 moves during each succeeding hour. All games not finished at 12 o'clock will be adjudicated.

The University team for this year was chosen as the result of a tournament which began early in October and was finished last Saturday. Members of last year's team did not compete in the first round, but entered the tournament in the second round. After the semi-final round the 20 men remaining were divided into four sections of five men each, every man playing every other man in his section. Two men were chosen from each section on the basis of this work, and two at large. The team selected, and the order in which they will play, is as follows: Q. A. Brackett '06, captain; E. H. Gruening 1G., K. S. Johnson '07, J. Clark 1L., F. D. Utley '08, D. Rines '07, C. T. Broderick '08, M. V. Hitt '09, M. A. Driscoll 1L., C. C. Read '08.

The Harvard team leaves for New Haven on the 1.03 o'clock train today.