MUSICAL CLUB CONCERT

In Fogg Lecture Hall at 8.--Original Compositions by Members of Club.

The Musical Club of the Department of Music will give its third annual concert this evening at 8 o'clock in the Lecture Hall of the Fogg Museum. Reserved seat tickets at $1 each are on sale at the University Bookstore, and will be sold at the door.

The Club was founded in 1898, and has for its object the promotion of musical knowledge and appreciation in the University. During the year, meetings are held at which the members perform standard works informally and discuss musical subjects in general. This year the club has among its members a large number of students of musical talent and ability.

As has been the custom in former years, the program this evening will include several original compositions by students of the University, as well as selections from the works of standard composers.

The program will be as follows:

I. Saint-Saens--Variation on a theme by Beethoven, for two pianofortes.

E. Ballantine '07 and R. L. Sweet '08.

II. (a) E. Ballantine '07--Two movements from Pianoforte Sonata in A-fiat major: I. Allegro-Moderato. II. Andante. (b) E. Ballantine '07, "Apriltide."

E. Ballantine '07.

III Tschaikowsky--Trio in A minor for violin, violoncello and piano. "In Memory of a Great Artist." I. Pezzo Elegiaco. II. Tema con Variazione. Violin, M. Grunberg '07; violoncello, A. W. Sprague 1G.; pianoforte, P. G. Clapp '09.

IV. (a) Flegier, "Le Cor." (b) Schuman, "Die Beiden Grenadiere." (c) P. G. Clapp '09, "The Swimmer."

C. T. Tittmann 2L.

V. Brahms-Ungarische Tanze for two pianofortes, eight hands.

E. Ballantine '07 and R. L. Sweet '08, first piano; P. G. Clapp '09 and J. A. Warner '09 second piano.