Freshmen Won Hockey

The Freshman hockey team defeated the Yale freshmen in the Stadium rink last Saturday afternoon by the score of 5 to 0. Fast play and accurate shooting were prevented by the soft ice, but the Freshman team played a hard and aggressive game, winning both by excellent team work, and by the good individual playing of the forwards. The defense of both teams was strong, and Trudeau, the Yale goal, prevented a much higher score, by stopping many hard shots.

The Freshman team made three goals in the first half, Ford making the first score after carrying the puck the length of the rink through the whole Yale team. The game was slower in the second half, and only two more scores were made.

The summary: HARVARD 1909.  YALE 1909. Crosby, r.e.  r.e., Bellamy Briggs, r.c.  r.c., Olmsted Irving, l.e.  l.c., Howard Wagstaff, l.e.  l.e., Driscoll Ford, c.p.  c.p., Murray Chalifoux, p.  p., Partridge Washburn, g.  g., Trudeau

Score--Harvard 1909, 5; Yale 1909, 0. Goals--Briggs 2, Wagstaff, Ford, Crosby. Referee--Dr. F. J. Goodridge '98. Time Keeper--R. H. Eggleston '09. Time--20-minute halves.