BASKETBALL WITH COLUMBIA

In Gymnasium Tonight.--Teams Evenly Matched.--Close Game Expected.

The University basketball team will play Columbia in the Gymnasium this evening at 8 o'clock.

Since the trip to Princeton and Philadelphia last week the practice has been devoted chiefly to the development of quick and accurate passing, the lack of which proved so disastrous in the game with Pennsylvania. On the defense the team is very strong and the men cover their opponents closely. It is not likely that the formation plays from the tossup will be successful this evening as the Columbia centre is clever and quick. The men still show a tendency to play an individual game and often dribble out of bounds unnecessarily.

Harvard and Columbia are tied for second place in the standing of the intercollegiate league, each team having won four games and lost two. The University team has been defeated twice by Pennsylvania and Columbia has lost to Pennsylvania and Princeton. The outcome of the game this evening is very uncertain.

The teams will probably line up as follows: HARVARD.  COLUMBIA. Quigley, l.f.  r.g., Hurley Broun, r.f.  l.g., Fettrich Amberg, c.  c., Ryan Burnham, l.g.  r.f., Moore Griffiths, r.g.  l.f., Cuthell

Admission tickets at 50 cents each will be on sale at the door only.