Association of American Universities

The fifth annual conference of the Association of American Universities will be held at New Haven on February 18, 19 and 20. The conference will be divided into four sessions, at the first of which, to be held on February 18, the uniformity of university statistics of enrolment and expenditure will be discussed. This subject was presented by Columbia University at the fourth annual conference of the Association and its discussion made a special order for the fifth conference. At the second session, on February 19, papers will be presented on behalf of the University of Michigan, by Professor Richard Hendson, and the University of Chicago, by Professor Paul Shorey. The third session will also be held on February 19, and papers will be read by President Ira Remsen, of Johns Hopkins University and Professor C. M. Bakewell of the University of California. President A. T. Hadley h.'99, of Yale University and President D. S. Jordan, of Leland Stanford, Jr., University, will present papers at the fourth session on February 20.

The privileges of the Graduates' Club, 77 Elm street, New Haven, have been extended to the delegates of the Association.