Prof. Peabody Resigned as Preacher

Rev. Professor F. G. Peabody, D.D., 65, has terminated his service as preacher to the University after serving in that capacity for 20 years.

Professor Peabody, in conjunction with the Board of Preachers, has had charge of the religious services of the University since May, 1886, when attendance at religious services was made completely voluntary throughout the University.

On June 27, 1905, he asked to be relieved of the position of Chairman of the Board of Preachers, in view of his proposed absence at Berlin and of the increase in his duties as a teacher, consequent on the endowment of the courses of instruction in his charge. The Coporation accepted his resignation and appointed Rev. Professor E. C. Moore, D.D., to take charge of the services in Appleton Chapel. Since his return from Berlin this year, Professor Peabody has served as a member of the Board of Preachers, and as such he preached his last sermon in Appleton Chapel on Wednesday morning.

Professor Peabody will still retain his position as Plummer Professor of Christian Morals and Dean of the Divinity School.