1909 CONSTITUTION

Adopted at Meeting of Class Last Night.-Changes from 1908 Constitution.

At a meeting of the Freshman class last night in Upper Massachusetts a constitution was adopted which differs in two respects from that of the Sophomore class. Two clauses regarding the manner of Freshman nominations and elections have been omitted, and a clause has been inserted, contradictory to last year's text, that no one holding office during a previous year is eligible for reelection.

The text of the Freshman class constitution reads as follows:

"(1) There shall be three officers during the Freshman, Sophomore, and Junior years, namely-president, vice-president, and secretary and treasurer; but during the Senior year the secretary and treasurer shall be separate officers. In Sophomore and Junior years officers shall be elected in November by a method explained below.

"(2) In Sophomore and Junior years, the president then in office shall call a meeting in the first week in November for the purpose of electing a nominating committee of ten. At this meeting nominations for the committee may be made to the number of twenty, and a ballot then being cast; the ten men receiving the highest number of votes shall constitute a committee.

"(3) The committee so elected shall nominate within one week at least two candidates for each office.

"(4) There shall be no restrictions on the nominating committee; except it may not nominate officers of the preceding years.

"(5) Additional nominations may be made by petition of fifty members of the class.

"(6) The election shall be by Australian ballot from 9 A. M. to 6 P. M."