BASEBALL WITH HOLY CROSS

At Worcester at 3.--Close Game Expected.--Castle and Greene to Pitch.

The University baseball team will play Holy Cross at the Holy Cross grounds, South Worcester, this afternoon at 3 o'clock. Last year Harvard was twice defeated by Holy Cross by scores of 6 to 1, and 9 to 8, the latter being lost on a batting rally in the last three innings after Castle had replaced Coburn in the box. This year Holy Cross has defeated Brown, 3 to 2, has won one game with Dartmouth and lost one, by scores 8 to 0, and 0 to 3, respectively, but has lost to the University of Vermont. By comparative scores the game this afternoon will probably be close.

For two days past the University team has held hard practices, but yesterday the entire infield was given a rest, their places being filled by substitutes, in the fielding practice. B. Wendell '02 coached the outfielders in catching long flies and fielding ground balls. In batting the team has improved slightly.

The batting orders: HARVARD.  HOLY CROSS. Dexter, l.f.  c.f., Cahill Leonard, 3b.  s.s., Barry Stephenson, c.  l.f., Hoey McCall, 2b.  1b., Flynn Burr, 1b.  c., Carrigan McCarty, r.f.  3b., Dennis Hellmann, c.f.  r.f., Reidy Castle, p.  2b., Cashen Greene, p.  p., Mansfield Harvey, s.s.  p., Hagerty