Three New Lecturers Appointed

Three new appointments to lectureships for 1906-07 are announced. The lecturers with their subjects, are as follows: Professor Paul Vinogradoff, of Oxford University, "Comparative Ancient Law"; Professor Pierre Janet, of the University of Paris, "The Great Symptoms of Hysteria"; Major Leonard Darwin, "The Foundation for Lectures on Political Economy." Professor Vinogradoff has been Professor of Jurisprudence at Oxford since 1903, and was formerly professor of history at the University of Moscow. His publications include: "The Rise of Feudalism in Lombard Italy", "Inquiries in the Social History of England", and "Villainage in England."

Professor Janet has been Professor of Experimental Psychology at the University of Paris since 1898 and Director of the Psychological Laboratory at the Salpetriere Clinic since 1880. He is a specialist on nervous disorders and has written a number of books and articles on the subject.

Major Darwin is a son of the late Charles Darwin. He is a graduate of the Royal Military Academy at Woolwich and a retired officer of the Royal Engineers. From 1892 to 1895 he was a Member of Parliament. He has published works on Bimetallism and Municipal Trade.